2016/12/31

Have a great 2017 - Clark and flowers

As 2016 comes to an end, it is time to focus on the positive things that had happened and look forward to the things that will arrive in the new year.

Nothing really exciting (or positive) happened during the first half of 2016, where I was pretty much waiting and planning for my third and final field season.  During my field season, I added several crucial components to my research and visited beautiful places such as Pikes Peak and Conundrum Hot Springs with my friend.  After coming back to Canada, I packed and moved to my own place in Ottawa and went on trips to Quebec City/Montreal and Toronto/Niagara Falls with my mother.  I was mostly busy during the school semester but still enriched my life by going to the Butterfly Show, Big Sky Ranch, and Museum of Nature exhibits.

In 2017, I will be attending a conference and defending my Ph.D dissertation (if everything goes to plan).  Aside from those, my future will once again enter a sea of uncertainties.  I will try to find jobs and think about what I want to do with my life.  I have been thinking about selling my photographs - either to stock photography and/or as prints to anyone interested in them, which means I should enter social media to promote my photos (hence the new changes to this blog).  We shall see if any of that come to fruition, but I will keep everyone posted if I do.

In the meantime, here are some more photos of Clark the cat.

Clark #008

Clark #009

Clark #010

Clark #011

Clark #012

My friend and I tried to do bird-watching (at Mud Lake) this morning, but it was too snowy and cold and we only saw a couple of chickadees, nuthatches, woodpeckers, and crows.  Afterwards, we went to school to water some of my friend's plants.  Since I brought my camera with me and didn't use it at all today, I took some photos of her Coreopsis tinctoria.

Dwarf Plains Coreopsis (Coreopsis tinctoria)

Dwarf Plains Coreopsis (Coreopsis tinctoria)

Have a fantastic new year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...