2016/03/13

Bird-watching in FWG

I took the long way to school today via Fletcher Wildlife Garden hoping to see some signs of Spring.

Downy Woodpeckers (Picoides pubescens)
One of the first things I saw was this pair of Downy Woodpeckers (Picoides pubescens) fighting along the tree trunk.

Downy Woodpeckers (Picoides pubescens)
I guess the male was not keen on sharing his trunk with the female.

2016-03-13-P3130047
One of several Red-winged Blackbirds (Agelaius phoeniceus) I saw today.  Conk-la-ree!

American red squirrel (Tamiasciurus hudsonicus)
American red squirrel (Tamiasciurus hudsonicus) munching on a piece of bark.

Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens)
Downy Woodpecker enjoying "real" food.

House Finch (Haemorhous mexicanus)
House Finch (Haemorhous mexicanus) are back!

House Finch (Haemorhous mexicanus)

House Finch (Haemorhous mexicanus)
Female House Finch

Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)
Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)

2016-03-13-P3130171
Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis) singing away.

One of the things I was hoping to see was some bare ground with crocus flowers, but I guess I still need to wait patiently for at least another month (if the schedule is similar to last year's).  Sigh.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...