2016/01/08

Birding at Richmond Nature Park

Yesterday I went to downtown Vancouver with my mother to get Compass Cards for public transportation.  While we were waiting to cross the street in Chinatown, I was shoved to the ground from behind by a random drunk/addict walking by.  I don't come to downtown Vancouver often, but for whatever reason, I always left with a bad taste for this part of the city whenever I do come.

2016-01-06-P1060002
After the incident, we took the sea bus to North Vancouver just to get away from Vancouver.

Today, my parents brought me to a Japanese restaurant in Richmond that they like, and then we got some delicious butter chicken from a nearby Indian restaurant for dinner this evening.  Afterwards, we went to Richmond Nature Park where I did a little bit of bird-watching.

Anna's Hummingbird (Calypte anna)
One of the first birds that I saw there was the Anna's Hummingbird (Calypte anna).

Anna's Hummingbird (Calypte anna)

Anna's Hummingbird (Calypte anna)

Anna's Hummingbird (Calypte anna)
This little bird stayed put and allowed me to take photos from different angles.

Fox Sparrow (Passerella iliaca)
A handsome Fox Sparrow (Passerella iliaca).  There were so many birds by the feeders that they all looked very well-fed.

Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia)
Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia)
 Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia)

Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens)
Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens)

2016-01-07-P1070189
A lonely Northern Flicker (Colaptes auratus) on the top of the tree away from all the other birds.

Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis)
Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis)

Spotted Towhee (Pipilo maculatus)
Spotted Towhee (Pipilo maculatus)

2016-01-07-P1070245
It was cloudy, so the lighting condition was not great for photographs.  Here is one of a junco and a towhee close to each other.

Three more sleeps before I am back in Ottawa.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...