2014/11/23

Stroll along Rideau Canal & Yellowjacket & Knifefish

Here are some photos I took last weekend while walking along Rideau Canal.  Originally I was hoping to take some more photos this weekend but ended up too busy working.

Reflection Kaleidoscope
A kaleidoscope image of water reflection.

Late autumn along Rideau Canal
Waiting for winter to arrive and for the canal to freeze over.

Late autumn along Rideau Canal
Still late autumn.

Eastern Yellowjacket (Vespula maculifrons)
Found an Eastern Yellowjacket (Vespula maculifrons) last Thursday evening in my room.  I caught it and took some photos of it before putting it back outside and letting nature decide its fate.

School semester is ending in a week or so.  Not sure what I'll be doing aside from preparing for my PhD qualifying exam.

Edit: I just remembered that the highlight of this past week was getting a lab tour from a fellow graduate student who is studying electrocommunication in Brown ghost knifefish (Apteronotus leptorhynchus) and Black ghost knifefish (A. albifrons), which I thought is incredibly interesting.

2014-11-19-Picture2
Two images taken with my phone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...