2014/07/28

Daily life in Colorado - Part 8 (final)

This is the last series of photos I took one day before I depart from RMBL as I went for a short hike and thanked the land for allowing me to conduct my research there.

Gothic Mountain
Goodbye, Gothic Mountain.

Mariposa Lily (Calochortus gunnisonii)
Beautiful Mariposa Lily (Calochortus gunnisonii)

P7227498
I will miss the transition of floral colours from blue to purple to yellow to red.

Wildflowers
Beautiful wildflowers

Tall Larkspur (Delphinium barbeyi)
Tall Larkspur (Delphinium barbeyi)

Bombus sp. visiting Tall Larkspur (Delphinium barbeyi)
Bombus sp. visiting D. barbeyi

Aspens
I will also miss the magical aspen forests.

Aspens

P7227515_stitch
Panoramic shot inside the forest

P7227528
Mating Field Crescents (Phyciodes pulchella)

P7227533

Hesperis Fritillary (Speyeria hesperis)
Hesperis Fritillary butterflies performing courtship (Speyeria hesperis).

P7227562
Horseback-rider

Rolling Mountains
Goodbye, meadows that I never got a chance to explore.

Panoramic view of Gunnison National Forest
Last panoramic view of Gothic.  Click here to see the larger image.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...