2014/07/07

Daily life in Colorado - Part 5

Random photos taken from last week.

Morning lupines
On the way to work one day, I saw the soft morning sun shining through the lupines.


Aspen Sunflower (Helianthella quinquenervis)
Later on in the same day, I used the OM 50 f1.4 lens to photograph this trio of Aspen Sunflowers (Helianthella quinquenervis).

White-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus) outside cabin
White-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus) outside my cabin as I work doing work inside.

On July 4th, I avoided the crowds and went for a hike around Lake Irwin and then did fieldwork afterwards.

P7046515
Ring cloud

Lake Irwin
Lake Irwin

Lake Irwin
Beautiful reflection

P7046471
Lake Irwin appeared to be a popular camping area as there were several campsites and people were fishing, kayaking, and paddle-boarding on the lake.

Lake Irwin from above
I lost the trail around the lake for a bit and ended up hiking upwards instead.  Gorgeous view nonetheless.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...