2014/05/18

Canadian Tulip Festival - Blast of colours (Part 2)

I biked to Commissioners Park this afternoon to check out the tulip festival once again.  Along the way, I saw many (crabapple?) blossoms in the Arboretum.

2014-05-18-DSCN0085
Beautiful.

Blossoms
Used the OM lens for most photos in this post.

Blossoms

Blossoms

There were even more people (and flowers) at the festival than last time!

2014-05-18-DSCN0088
People line up for almost everything - public washrooms, hot dog stands, lemonade stands (I feel bad for the girls selling lemonades that had to constantly shake the drink for the customers), take photos with statues made out of plants, etc.

2014-05-18-DSCN0087

2014-05-18-DSCN0089

2014-05-18-P5184524
And almost everyone is a "photographer" nowadays.  Sometimes the flowers aren't interesting enough (what!?), and people start posing like supermodels or blowing bubbles through the bed.

Happy Beagle
There are also many pets at the festival.  Dogs are probably just happy to be outside and spend time with their owners, but I wonder what cats might think if they come here and see so many humans taking pictures of flowers.

I am not complaining because I am highly (and only) attracted to the pretty flowers, although there seems to be quite a lot of negative feedbacks at the festival's official Facebook page.

Gold Dust Tulips
This is the only tulip variety I remember - Gold Dust. It's my favourite!

Gold Dust Tulips

Gold Dust Tulips

Tulip Festival

Tulip Festival
I like tulips with more than one colour in a flower.

Tulip Festival

Tulip Festival

Tulip Festival

Tulip Festival

Tulip Festival

Tulip Festival

Tulip Festival
Pretty mosaic of colours.

Tulip Festival

Tulip Festival

Tulip Festival

Tomorrow is the last day of the festival, but I am not sure if I will go again.  Until next year, I guess.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...