2013/11/20

Next steps in life

32 months after receiving my admission into Trent University as a M.Sc student, I (finally) received an e-mail yesterday admitting me into the Ph.D. program at the University of Ottawa.  Just two days before me moving to Ottawa, no less.  Better late than never, I suppose.
 

It's always exciting to start a new path in life, despite how much I dislike packing, moving, and unpacking.

On a very sad note, one of my friends lost her father about this time last month, and today I got an e-mail saying that another friend lost her mother yesterday.  I try to maintain a biological perspective about life and death, but it is very difficult, especially knowing that members in my own family are not getting any younger or stronger. 

There is always one more step after the next, but no one knows which direction it will take you...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...