2013/08/07

Close-up on Jagged Ambush Bug

My photos from New Orleans are still in the sorting folder at the moment.  That's the problem of taking too many photos.

Let's work on something much easier.  Went to school on Saturday to drop the university vehicle off and took this photo as I was waiting for the bus.  Nice and simple.

DSCN2753

Worked on my thesis from the house today.  I was originally going to catch a bus to school in the afternoon to clean out my office space, but I missed the bus.  So I walked around the neighbourhood instead.  I only had the 50 f2 OM lens on the camera, so I couldn't get too close (or too far) from things.

P8077687
The delicate-looking Queen Anne's lace (Daucus carota).

P8077690
Dragonfly too far away.

P8077692
Closer.

P8077696
Bluet too far.

P8077702
Path

P8077703
Suburbia.  I like this image for some reason.

One of the insects that I really want to photograph in Ontario is Jagged Ambush Bug (Phymata spp.).  I found one on D. carota today and brought it home to get closer photos.

Most of the photos did not turn out as good as I wanted.  Here're some decent ones.

Jagged Ambush Bug (Subfamily Phymatinae)
Jagged Ambush Bug (Subfamily Phymatinae)

P8077781
You can almost see the beak-like mouthpart.

P8077811
You can see its compound eyes.

It is rainy like mad out there at the moment.  I will return this bug to its proper habitat tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...