2013/08/20

Close-up on Buffalo Treehopper & Full moon

Went out for a walk around the neighbourhood pond for a short break from work.  I smartly brought the 70-300 lens this time.

P8208325
Queen Anne's Lace


P8208354
An Eastern Tailed-Blue (Everes comyntas), the only tailed blue butterfly in eastern North America.

P8208359
There are multiple generations a year for this species, so this might one of the recent ones considering how pristine its wings are.

P8208365
This looks like a Ruby Meadowhawk but this issue is very complicated, see here.

Differential Grasshopper (Melanoplus differentialis)
Most grasshoppers flew/hopped away when I step on the path, but this one Differential Grasshopper (Melanoplus differentialis) clung tightly onto the plant instead.

P8208368
Saw this interesting Buffalo Treehopper (Ceresa sp.), so I decided to bring it home to get some close-up images.

P8208377
What an interesting-looking creature!

Buffalo Treehopper (Ceresa sp.)
I let it go shortly afterwards.

August 2013 Full Moon
The moon was full tonight, so I went out after dinner to get some photos.

My thesis was submitted about two weeks ago, so I am waiting for a defense date anytime now.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...