2013/08/24

2013 Peterborough Folk Festival

The 24th annual Peterborough Folk Festival (PFF) took place this weekend.  It was my third (and probably last) time attending this festival since I will be completing my degree this summer.  See my posts from 2011 and 2012.

P8248513
For the third year in a row, the weather couldn't been better.


P8248514
This year, the festival stage starts at 7 PM, so it was still early then.

Peterborough Folk Festival
But some people already grabbed their spots.

P8248527
The Children's Village provided a lot of crafts and activities for the kids to do.

Olenka at Peterborough Folk Festival
I arrived a bit too late and only caught the last bit of performance by Olenka & The Autumn Lovers.  From what I heard, she is quite good.  To sample some of her music, her CBC Music page is a great place to start.

P8248536
While waiting for the next musician to set-up, I went to the other stage to check it out.

P8248537
Sean Conway, a bit too country for my taste.

Peterborough Folk Festival
I love how relaxing and enjoyable this event is.  Definitely my favourite part of living in Peterborough.

Michael C. Duguay at Peterborough Folk Festival
The second performer I heard at the Solar Stage was Michael C. Duguay.  Another great musician.

More people-watching photos:

P8248548
Pet friendly, as I mentioned in previous years.

P8248539
Great turnout this year, I think.

Peterborough Folk Festival
Many people, but not too many that you will feel overwhelmed, as I have experienced in other festivals.

P8248540
When you are tired, just grab a seat (or bring your own)

P8248583
The last musician that I stayed for was The Grey Kingdom.  Another great performer.

P8248592
The Grey Kingdom was feeling very friendly and shared some of his interesting life stories with us and even invited some of his newly-made friends onto stage.  Unfortunately, they weren't very co-operative, as you would expect from children.

P8248589
Definitely an entertaining performance.

P8248597
In the Artisan Village, the attraction that drew the largest crowd was probably the medieval combat performed by the Society of Creative Anachronism (SCA), Canton of Petrea Thule.

I left shortly afterwards as I was feeling hungry from smelling the tasty food from the vendors and I didn't have enough money to buy anything.  I truly hope I can come back to PFF again in the future.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...