2013/06/24

Critters found in Trent Ward Garden

I am back!  Well, I was actually back from Algonquin on Saturday, but there are more important priorities than blogging at the moment.  As I mentioned before, I have a lot of photos and new knowledge about plants to share, but I'll probably be sharing just a piece at a time.

Let's start with the Sunday (June 16th) before the field course actually started, when I went to Trent Ward Garden to take some photos and identify some plants.

2013-06-09-P6093288
Bumblebee visiting Virginia Waterleaf (Hydrophyllum virginianum) flowers.
Resting Green Bee
Metallic green bee resting on a leaf (honeysuckle, if I remember correctly).

2013-06-09-P6093331
That afternoon was too hot for anything else to be found.  I found this caterpillar hiding in the foliage away from the sun.  You can sort of see its eyes from the photo.

On Monday, we first introduced the students to the field guide and then took them to the Ward Garden to practice using the keys in the guide.  After lunch, we went to Burnham Park and Lady Eaton Drumlin.  That's about all from the first day of class.  No photos to share from that day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...