2013/05/16

Walking through Parkway Trail - Rose-breasted Grosbeak

As I mentioned earlier, I walked part-way to school today through the Parkway Trail.

2013-05-16
Very 'green' nowadays
Blossoms
Blossom

2013-05-16
Purple flowers

2013-05-16
Strawberry flowers along the trail

As I was getting close to the end of the trail, a bird suddenly flushed from the undergrowth and flew to a branch.  I initially thought it was a towhee, but then I realized it was a Rose-breasted Grosbeak (Pheucticus ludovicianus)!

2013-05-16
Initially from the back, I thought it was a towhee.  But then the beak is too big for a towhee.

2013-05-16
It has been more than three years since I last seen this species (for the first time).

What an exciting turnout! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...