2012/01/15

Snowy but sunny Saturday in Ptbo

The internet connection in my residence is so crappy lately that I decided to come to my office (in school) on a Saturday to do some work. Plus, the weather is too nice to be inside all day.

It's pretty much a wintery wonderland here in Peterborough. This is exactly what winter should be in Canada!

Before going to my office, I decided to go check out the feeders behind to Environmental Sciences building to see if I can see any birds.

Some of the last maple leaves on a tree.

Cute American red squirrel (Tamiasciurus hudsonicus)

Footprints in and out of the hole. Hare?

There were other tracks near the feeders, perhaps deer?

The only birds I saw going to the feeders were chickadees and a goldfinch.

Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)

Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)

Clever birds using their feet to hold the seeds still.

Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)

Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)

The only other bird going to the feeders - a non-breeding American Goldfinch.

This is a poor shot of the colorful lights shimmering from the snow, you can sort of see it from the bluish and yellowish bokehs.

Icicles!

Sunset

It feels good to be out taking photos and blogging about it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...