2011/10/25

Rainy/Sunny Day

The weather was pretty unstable today - it would be cloudy and rainy one moment, sunny the next, and then back and forth.

While this was going on, I was using the computer facing the window and I could see the small invasions of chickadees, sparrows, and juncos to the trees right outside my window. I also spotted a White-breasted Nuthatch, so overall, it was an interesting morning.

In the afternoon, while it was still sunny, I went out to get some grocery and took my camera with me. I took some photos of the birds feeding from the wet ground.

Chipping Sparrow (Spizella passerina)

Dark-eyed Juncos (Junco hyemalis)

Couldn't get a good view of its head, maybe a Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens)?

Chipping Sparrow (Spizella passerina)
Handsome American Tree Sparrow posing for a nice photo.

Sunny Afternoon
Sunny afternoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...