2011/07/21

Back to civilization

I am back to civilization (since Tuesday evening)! Field season ended earlier than expected this summer so I am back from Ivvavik National Park, Yukon after 52 days in the field. I am currently in Inuvik and probably won't be back to BC until beginning of next month.

Ivvavik is beautiful and I look forward to coming back next summer. Here are some of my photos so far.

Views from the (Sheep Creek) campsite.

View from Sheep Creek Campsite
The beautiful landscape that I get to see every morning.

Sheep Creek Campsite
End of May when it snowed and turned into winter wonderland.

View from Sheep Creek Campsite

Sheep Creek Campsite

Sheep Creek meeting Firth River
Sheep Creek flowing into the mighty Firth River.

Sheep Creek meeting Firth River
Good fishing spot at the mouth of the creek.

Firth River
Firth River

Sheep Creek Campsite
Cabins

Sheep Creek Campsite

Sheep Creek Campsite
Tents

Sheep Creek Campsite

Sheep Creek meeting Firth River
Aerial view of the campsite; Sheep Creek flowing into Firth River

Aerial view of Sheep Creek
Sheep Creek

Aerial view of Sheep Creek
Our campsite and the air strip of "Sheep Creek International Airport"

Sheep Creek Campsite
Good times.

More photos to come.

2 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Beautiful! What a wonderful experience you've been afforded! Memories for years to come!

Good to see a post up by you ... still alive and enjoying the experience.

swamp4me said...

I would find it very difficult to return to civilization if I had been spending my time in such a beautiful place! Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing more of your photos -- you have been missed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...