2011/05/07

Visiting UBC Botanical Garden with friend

Yesterday morning, I got myself a pair of free tickets to UBC Botanical Garden (thanks to Tourism Vancouver) and invited my friend from Taiwan to visit this attraction located in the campus. I can't remember when was the last time I visited this place, but since I couldn't recall ever posting about it on this blog, I imagine it was more than three years ago when I was still an undergraduate.

While waiting for my friend to arrive, I wandered around the bus stop and photographed the flowers and critters that I could find, such as this tiny snail which was found on the road and I transported it safely to this leaf instead.

It was drizzling throughout our visit but it didn't dampen our moods and we still enjoyed the garden.

But below are my favorite photos of flowers from the garden.

Bleeding Heart (Lamprocapnos spectabilis)
Bleeding Heart (Lamprocapnos spectabilis)

And this beautiful "sea of blush"!

Sea Blush (Pletritis congestra)
Sea Blush (Pletritis congestra)

Sea Blush (Pletritis congestra)

Sea Blush (Pletritis congestra)

After finishing touring the garden, I showed my friend around the campus (the residential areas inside the campus, the different buildings, the constant constructions, Beaty Biodiversity Museum, the libraries, and did I mention the constant constructions) and walked along Main Mall towards Trail 3.

Photographed these tulips on the way.

This was the lowest tide I have ever seen at this beach. According to my photo, this was taken at 14:18. While according to this, the lowest tide at Point Atkinson (across the water) was 0.8m at 14:53. There were many herons observed on the low tide, probably enjoying the beached fishes.

Afterwards, my friend treated me to a quick late lunch and then we bused along Broadway slowly heading home. Despite the rain, it was nice hanging out with my friend and showing her my old uni.

Note: all photos were taken with the OM lens today.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...