2011/04/06

Blossom-watching at Garry Point

The weather has been pretty bad the last couple of days; thankfully, the rain ceased this afternoon and there were even some blue skies as well.

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
Watching this young Bald Eagle gliding over me in Steveston.

Garry Point Park
At Garry Point Park, another wave of blossom has started.

Another Wave of Blossoms

Blossoms

Blossoms
These blossoms are droopy and clumped, compared to previous blossoms.

Over at West Dyke Trail, I was pedaling slowly next to the marsh hoping to see and photograph some Marsh Wrens, but they are way too skittish and camouflaged .

I came across this dried-up puffball with some spores still in it.

No Marsh Wrens, but Red-winged Blackbirds will do, since I haven't taken their photos yet this season too.

Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus)
Giving me the 'fierce' look.

Look at the bright red badges!

And guess what! Snow Geese are still in town!? I still saw them last year on the 6th, so no surprise here.


Something spooked them and they all took off at once.

Saw this heron having a bad day on the other side of the (1-m width) water. It seemed fine when I biked by so I took these photos directly facing it.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Bad hair.

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
This adult Bald Eagle was right next to the nest (at the golf course).

But took off as soon as I snapped a few photos.

Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus)
Blackbird Silhouette

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...