2011/02/25

Birding on this cold cold day

Brrr! Today's probably the coldest I felt so far this season. But it was sunny and beautiful, so outside I must go (plus I had a late and filling lunch, and need to work it off)!

Snow-capped on Mount Baker

With the wind blowing, the wind chill must be at least -5 degrees Celsius. Bald Eagle out soaring.

Many birds out getting whatever food they could find.

Golden-crowned Sparrow (Zonotrichia atricapilla)

P2246596
Golden-crowned Sparrow

House Sparrow (Passer domesticus)
House Sparrow

The invasive Scotch Broom (Cytisus scoparius) had been flowering for sometime now. Quite early, according to this site?

Found a nest (probably last year's) among the rose shrubs.

P2246650

Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia)
More birds feeding

American Robin (Turdus migratorius)
American Robins had returned! I bet they did not expecting this chilly temperature.

Sun setting later now.

While biking home, I saw groups of Mallards out of the water and walking in the grassy fields. Too cold, I guess.

Not enough moisture, so don't expect any snow. Darn.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...