2011/01/31

Finally a sunny day - visiting Minoru Park!

I have been pretty much stuck at home since I last went out on Wednesday, besides the usual break and whatnot, due to the crappy weather.

Anyways, the clouds finally cleared away and the blue sky appeared this morning! My mother and I took the bus to Minoru Park to soak up some much-needed sunshine!

Minoru Park
Semi-spherical bubble
Taking photos of bubbles from the rushing waterfall. Manual focus is the way to go (I think), but the flowing water makes things very difficult and this was one of the two decent shots I got.

Photos of the American Wigeons and Mallards in the park.

American Wigeon (Anas americana)

Female Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos)

American Wigeon (Anas americana)

Female Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos)

Male Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos)

My mother and I also saw a male Common Merganser but it was quite far away and sleeping, so I didn't take a photo of it. However, when we got to the smaller lake, we saw a male Hooded Merganser taking a bath and preening itself, which I was able to get a few photos of.

Hooded Merganser (Lophodytes cucullatus)

Hooded Merganser (Lophodytes cucullatus)

Hooded Merganser (Lophodytes cucullatus)

Canada Goose (Branta canadensis)

Canada Goose (Branta canadensis)
Then watching a large group of Canada Geese feeding on the field.

Douglas Squirrel (Tamiasciurus douglasii)
An Eastern Gray Squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis) with a reddish belly.

In the afternoon, my parents and I drove out to South Dyke Trail to watch the sunset.

Mount Baker
Mount Baker

Sunset
Feels so nice just to have blue sky and sunshine. The simple pleasure of life.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...