2010/12/23

Flock of Coots, Ho Ho Ho House and Moon watch

I had quite a busy afternoon today. First up, biking to the dyke.

Sky-watching
Nice weather today.

Resting heron.

This sleepy Gadwall was all alone and kept swimming away from me but the current pushed it towards me when it stopped and fell asleep again.

Sleepy Gadwall

Gadwall (Anas strepera)

Then I saw a group (flock?) of American Coots out of the water and feeding on the grasses along the roadside. It was the first time I saw an American Coot out of the water, let alone seeing so many of them all at once.


American Coots (Fulica americana)

American Coot (Fulica americana)
American Coot (Fulica americana)

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Heron still resting when I turned around heading home.

Sunset
Sunset sky-watch

Shining Through
Clouds coming, but still not thick enough to stop the sunrays.

Then in the evening, my parents and I went out for dinner. Before dinner, we went to buy some groceries, as well as checking out the X'mas lights (Ho Ho Ho House from last year's X'mas day).

This is from another house along Garry Street.


Let there be peace on Earth.

Moon Watch on 2010-12-22
After we arrived home, the clouds parted and allowed for a decent photo of the moon (really bummed out that I couldn't see the lunar eclipse yesterday).
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...