2010/11/16

A break in my cloudy future...

This past weekend had been quite depressing. I tried to go out, and then it started to rain. And then when it looked it was going to rain, it never did. Being coup up at home sucks.

And right now, wind is blowing outside my window rustling the trees, I imagine it is raining but not heavy enough for me to hear it.

I went out during lunch break today to take some photos. Not the best condition to take photos when it was pouring, and I tried to take photos best representing the rainy weather while holding the umbrella.

This was probably the best shot of the day. I used soft focus art filter on my camera, and it was at a weird angle so I leveled it, but then I like the tilted framing and so I kept it and added a frame over it.

Now the real reason for this post. Long story short, I had been applying for many summer jobs lately, as well as contacting potential professors (which I think I mentioned more than a few times). Anyways, one of the research projects I applied for was this. I had a phone interview last Wednesday, and today I received the e-mail saying they would like to offer me the project position! So I am in the process of figuring out what kind of information I need to the formal application, but if everything goes well, I will be in Algonquin next summer studying bees and flies and butterflies!

There is a break in my cloudy future and I can see the sun through it!
.

2 comments:

Susannah Anderson said...

Congratulations on the job!

I love that photo, too. Even the flash of colour in the middle of the street works; it sort of looks like the sail of a wind surfer.

Cicero Sings said...

Good news about the job. It's rain mixed with snow here = icy slush! More coastal than I would like! That's a good rain shot by the way --- as good as rain gets!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...