2010/10/11

Definitely a sunny day

The weather had been mild and unpredictable lately, so I wasn't really sure if I can go out and not get rained on. Well, today's weather definitely seemed like good enough to enjoy a nice bike ride to Terra Nova.

While biking towards Garry Point Park, I came across the bi-weekly Steveston Farmers and Artisans Market. There were so many interesting vendors and shops. I am definitely bring my mom to this (next year - since today seems to be the last of the year). After a quick look-around, without buying anything, I headed towards Terra Nova.

Gorgeous day.

I didn't see much wildlife, except for some herons in the distance and crows chasing a harrier, honking snow geese, and mallards.

A heron hiding in the garden.

Many birds were foraging in the soil in the sharing farm and always flew away when I got closer. Most flew to other patches while some flew to the trees (right over my head), like this junco.

I didn't see too much afterwards, so it was time to head on home.

Boats
No more parking spaces.

Sunset

View from South Dyke Trail. I wish the horizon is straight...

Then a heron was flying ahead of me and landed right next to the bank. And so I stopped and got ready to take some photos (of the day).

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Patience. I really like the colors on the grasses due to the sunset.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Gotcha.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Looking for more.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...