2010/09/02

Carden memories come to an end & Niagara Falls

My summer field season concluded yesterday. I am now in my friend's home in Ontario before I fly back to B.C. on Saturday. There are many memories, photos, thoughts, emotions, and experiences from the last 4.5 months that I would like to share, but now they remain unorganized in my head. Hopefully, I will be able to share them as time progresses.

Here are some photos from the last few days on the field site and last boat rides on Lake Dalrymple.

Orange Sulphurs (Colias eurytheme)
Orange Sulphurs enjoying the salts on the road.

Brown-headed Cowbird juvenile (Molothrus ater)
A juvenile Brown-headed Cowbird posing for the camera.

Sunrise over Carden
Sunrise over field site.

Praying Mantis (Mantis religiosa)
A Praying Mantis pretending it can't see me.

Praying Mantis (Mantis religiosa)
But now it can!

Milksnake (Lampropeltis triangulum triangulum)
A Milksnake found by my co-worker.

Sunset over Lake Dalrymple
A boat ride on Lake Dalrymple.

Common Loon (Gavia immer)
Coming close to the Loons.

Common Loon adult and juvenile (Gavia immer)
Adult and juvenile.

Common Loon adult and juvenile (Gavia  immer)
Awww.

Sky-watching
Photo taken on my last off-day ever - driving back to the field site.

Eastern Loggerhead Shrike (Lanius ludovicianus migrans)
Last time photographing a shrike this summer.

Artemis
Artemis, our cabin pet.

Curious Cows
The coos. I like the third one from the right being in the moment.

A couple of photos that I forgot to upload from Algonquin.

Ox-eyed Daisy (Chrysanthemum leucanthemum)

Common Garter Snake (Thamnophis sirtalis)

Fireweed (Epilobium angustifolium)

Anyways, yesterday my friend drove me to Niagara Falls and I had the chance to see one of the seventh wonders in the world. And it is indeed a wonder!

Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls

Horseshoe Falls

This is definitely a place I would visit again the next time I come back to Ontario.

Today, we went to the Royal Ontario Museum. Maybe I'll get a chance to post some pictures tomorrow.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...