2010/04/18

Hello from Ontario!

Hello everyone! I am currently sitting in a cafe about 1 hr drive from where I work/live using internet.

So far, the place has just been amazing! I get to see a new lifer almost everyday and the people are just fantastic to work with! I look forward to spending the next 4-5 months working with them and living in this special place.

I will need to keep things short and simple as I am relying on my laptop battery, but you may click on each Flickr photo for more description.

This is where I am currently living, before we fix and clean our field house and the surrounding captive cages for the coming shrikes.

Paul and Frances's House

Paul and Frances's House

Paul and Frances's House

Paul and Frances's House

Paul and Frances's House - Fox Den

The views from the cottage:

Field across from Fox Den

Sunset view from Fox Den

Lakeside View

The wildlife that I see almost daily!

Unknown Insect copulating

Tree Swallow (Tachycineta bicolor)

Eastern Chipmunk (Tamias striatus)

Eastern Chipmunk (Tamias striatus)

Osprey (Pandion haliaetus)

Osprey (Pandion haliaetus)

Osprey (Pandion haliaetus)

Osprey (Pandion haliaetus)

Chipping Sparrow (Spizella passerina)

Chipping Sparrow (Spizella passerina)

Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens)

Osprey (Pandion haliaetus)

Porcupine (Erethizon dorsatum)

Cheers, and I hope to update again in the next month.
.

2 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Looks and sounds wonderful. Glad everyone is great to work with! ... it'll make for a greeeaaaat work experience!

Chris said...

Cool, good luck with your field work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...