2010/04/07

Crazy girl scaring geese

I went out for another bike ride today. The first time I tried to go out, it was raining. But it stopped a few minutes later.

Still cloudy though.

Saw a pair of Muskrat in the ditch again just as I entered the trail.

Muskrat (Ondatra zibethicus)
Munching on the surrounding vegetation.

Muskrat (Ondatra zibethicus)
Swimming in the brown ditch water. Yuck.

A male Northern Harrier was slowly flying towards me. So I got my camera ready and it passed me by closely. Unfortunately, I forgot to increase the ISO and I got mostly blurry shots. These two were the sharpest.

Northern Harrier (Circus cyaneus)


Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Heron staring into the grass for a while. Not quite sure what it was looking at.

Snow Goose (Chen caerulescens)
One of the Snow Geese occupying the fields near the slough. While looking at the birds, a man and a young girl biked by, and the girl growled and scared the birds away.

Tried to get a good Mallard-in-flight shot. Close enough.

Canada Goose (Branta canadensis)
A pair of Canada Geese was spotted. This one was munching on the grasses.

Canada Goose (Branta canadensis)
While this one stood guard.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
A young heron hiding in the grasses.

Bald Eagle inside the nest.

Heading back home...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...