2010/04/04

Aftermath of yesterday's strong winds

This morning, my mother and I went to Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) in downtown Vancouver to get me some equipments for my trip next week, e.g. bug jacket/pants, bug repellent, mosquito shelter, raingear, and boots. It was our first time there and we were amazed by the number of shoppers and size of the store. Can't believe there are so many people wanting to buy outdoor stuff (like us) too.

Anyways, we bought two bags of stuff, so we hurried home as soon as we were done. In the afternoon, the weather was still dry and so I went out for a bike ride.

You can't see them in this photo, but the swallows were flying low over the water trying to catch insects. This made me think about the saying "Swallow flying high, the weather will be good. Swallow flying low, soon it will rain." (Quite true, considering it is raining at the moment).

Overall, I did not see much wildlife up close, but I did saw all of these falling trees (with slugs and centipedes hiding underneath them) because of the strong winds yesterday.

Cloudy sky-watching.

That's all for today.

365 days ago (2009-04-03) ... Heron catching fish!
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...