2010/03/17

Photographic post & Rainbow at the end of the day.

Such a cloudy day today.

Look at that cloud cover! Thank goodness it was retreating.

Sky slowly clearing.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Saw this young heron just standing around and not doing much of anything.

Male Northern Harrier on a stump preening (taken with FZ18).

Panoramic view of the North Shore Mountains
Pretty clear day now.

Blue day today
Nice view of the mountains through the willows. You can sort of see a small dot in the middle of the photo - that's a dust particle in my camera sensor. D'oh!

Ring-necked Pheasant spotted at Sharing Farm again. I wonder why I saw so little of it last year?

I spent some day photographing the heron near the bottom of this picture. But I like this landscape view the best.

Male Northern Harrier (Circus cyaneus)
A male Northern Harrier hovered back and forth along the riverbank, then it flew over the parking lot (taken with E-620).

Gray day today
Gone were the sunny breaks, clouds back on.

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
Poor lighting made photographing this preening Bald Eagle difficult (there was another eagle inside the nest).

Right place at the right time. Marine radar reflector and harrier.

Loneliness
The lonely radar reflector facing the rain.

The new time switch made birding much longer now, and by the time I got home, it was already 6 o'clock - dinner time!

As I was dinner, my mother saw the rainbow and told me to quickly to take a photo. Nice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...