2010/02/05

A Day Where the Jet Goes BOOM!

Today's weather was nicer than yesterday's. So off I go to the dyke in the afternoon. (Sorry, if this is getting quite repetitive, but this is the kind of life I am living right now. Not that I am complaining about it, yet.)

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Watched this juvenile heron for a while doing nothing, until it started scratching and preening. Finally, some real action!

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Preening.

Green-winged Teal (Anas carolinensis)
Male Green-winged Teals, some eating and some preening.

Snow Geese (Chen caerulescens)
The Snow Geese decided to invade Terra Nova Rural Park and the trails today.

Snow Geese (Chen caerulescens)
Captured this random shot and turned it with a more artistic style. Like it, or no?

Snow Geese invasion!

As I slowly biked home, a loud noise slowly approaches. A fighters jet boomed across the city and towards the Pacific Ocean. Must be because of the dreading upcoming O.

Bald Eagle not impressed.

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
Same eagle.

Sky-watch one year ago. Why am I posting this? Because I saw this (from last year) and thought to make it better by using an actual Panorama software (Panorama Maker 4). And where's today's? Well, it was definitely not as colorful as last year's, so you're spared from one of my many many gray sky-watch photos.

1 comment:

KaHolly said...

Wonderful, wonderful photos! The eagles are beautiful. I had an eagle encounter the day before Hurricane Bill in Cape Breton and captured a couple of beauties, too! The young adult let my drift in my kayak to within 15 - 20 feet, then posed a little while before flying off to join the remaining 4 members of its family nearby. ~karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...