2010/02/05

Biked to Steveston & Saw Kingfisher

I biked southward along the dyke today - towards Steveston. I did not saw too much wildlife today. But while I was photographing some Mallards, a blue something flew in between us. I looked at it and it was a female Belted Kingfisher (Megaceryle alcyon)!

Belted Kingfisher (Megaceryle alcyon)

Belted Kingfisher (Megaceryle alcyon)

It didn't stay perched for too long, and pretty soon it was off to another tree and then gone. Definitely made today's trip worthwhile.

I biked around the Garry Point Park enjoying the sunny blue sky and the sound of the ocean.

Looking at Olas de Viento (Wind Waves).

Mt. Baker.

Sunset
Another lengthy photo of the sunset in Garry Point Park.
.

2 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Good picture of that kingfisher. I saw one the last trip down to the river but it was on the move and too far away for MY lens!

Lovely sunset picture

Susannah Anderson said...

Your photos are better every time! I love the kingfisher one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...