2009/12/30

Revisiting the birds in Minoru Lake

Today, (my mother and) I went back to Richmond center for me to get a haircut and to try and price match a Sony a-700 I saw on sale for $399 (body) only with some stores.

We took the long way around Minoru Park and Lake. This time we were lucky to see some great animals.

Ring-billed Gull (Larus delawarensis)

Ring-billed Gull (Larus delawarensis)
One of the Ring-billed Gulls (Larus delawarensis) occupying the lake and paying attention to humans with food.

Female Common Mergansers (Mergus merganser)
Last time, we only saw male Common Mergansers (Mergus merganser). This time, we were fortunate enough to see three females too!

Female Common Merganser (Mergus merganser)
Love the female's stylish head.

Male Common Merganser (Mergus merganser)
Close-up on the male Common Merganser.

While watching the ducks and gulls and mergansers, a group of Canada Geese flew down and joined the party.

Many of these handsome Canadians.

Canada Geese (Branta canadensis)

Canada Geese (Branta canadensis)
Magnificent birds!

Humans with food.

I got my haircut, but my price match attempt was unsuccessful. There goes my chance of owning a high-quality DSLR in my price range. Boo!
.

1 comment:

Cicero Sings said...

Too bad about the camera ... I think you'd do great with it.

Re Sony movie cameras ... I'm told they are not compatible with Macs so if you have a Mac or are thinking of ever getting a Mac, something you might check into. I don't know about their regular cameras ... the guy in London Drugs only told me about the movie cameras because that is what I was looking at at the time. I'd like a movie camera because movie making is kind of fun! I'm hoping what I like comes available through air miles ... so I don't have to make a cash outlay.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...