2009/12/26

Birding on the dyke & Christmas Houses watching

This afternoon, I biked to the dyke again. And there was the Northern Harrier far far away.


A female Northern Flicker perched on the branch among crows.

Sky-watch. These were taken as I biked southward first towards Steveston.

Then it was time to turn around and head for Terra Nova.

I spotted an unusual bird hiding in the bushes on the borders of the golf course. It was a Wilson's Snipe! It was feeding at first, but after it saw me watching it, it went into a freezing and hiding mode. Not effective, but I got the idea that it doesn't like to be watched. So I leave it alone.

The view as the sun slowly sets

Female Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) searching for her friends
A female Mallard crossed the trail looking for her friends and partner on the other side of the ditch. It then flew, jumped, tumbled, and walked in front of me to get to her friends.

Christmas Day Sunset

Christmas Day Sunset
Watching the sun set.

Christmas Day Moon Watch
Watching the moon rise.

In the evening, my parents and I walked (and drove) to several houses in west Richmond enjoying the Christmas displays people set up in front of their houses.


Ho Ho Ho House

Ho Ho Ho House
This "Ho Ho Ho" house (on Garry Street) is probably the most impressive one.

Christmas lights also give me a change to practice one of the photography techniques I always wanted to try out - bokeh.

Bokeh Lights

Christmas Lights and Moon Light
Original.

Christmas Lights and Moon Light (Bokeh Version)
Bokeh style!

Merry Christmas, everyone!
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...