2009/11/27

Finally, a clear day

The rain has finally ceased today!

Taking a quick photo of the sky before I enter Canada Line.

I had a busy work day today, but I still managed to go out for a quick stroll during my lunch break.

Crooked beak of a gull.

This particular cormorant is a bit intriguing because its white tufts above the head indicate it is a Double-crested Cormorant (Phalacrocorax auritus) adult in breeding plumage, but I thought their breeding season occurs during the spring and summer?
These, I am pretty sure, are Pelagic Cormorants (Phalacrocorax pelagicus). Look how stiff-looking those tails are! Must be a powerful swimming tool.
Cormorant and gull

Pelagic Cormorant (Phalacrocorax pelagicus)

Pelagic Cormorant (Phalacrocorax pelagicus)
Nice shots of a Pelagic Cormorant.

Another dark bird, but it's a crow - trying to be a pirate or something.

The views were fairly nice at the waterfront.

Sunshine!

This moon shot was taken when I arrived home in the evening. Not out-of-focus, but the moon was just trying its best trying to shine through the clouds. No such luck.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...