2009/11/09

Beaches...in Taiwan (2009-10-16)

After we completed our search of potential cavities in Sheding Nature Park, we headed to the next town for some lunch. Along the way, we stopped by several beautiful beaches and captured images of the beautiful warm sunny day. I can just imagine them if I close my eyes and think back...

Below are photos from South Bay Beach where we stayed for a little while collecting some shells and wrote our names in the sand...

South Bay Beach

South Bay Beach

South Bay Beach

I am no hermit crab expert, but after searching and comparing, I think I found a Wrinkled Hermit Crab (Coenobita rugosus) while we were at White Sand Bay, which was a famous backdrop for well-known Taiwanese movie "Cape No. 7".

Wrinkled Hermit Crab (Coenobita rugosus) - 皺紋寄居蟹
Wrinkled Hermit Crab

Wrinkled Hermit Crab (Coenobita rugosus) - 皺紋寄居蟹
Wrinkled Hermit Crab on top of a sand-hill. It was roughly about 5-cm in diameter.

Ahh! Good times!!

365 days ago (2008-11-08) ...
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...