2009/10/09

Japanese White-eye and other wildlife in TBG

Exactly one year ago, I was being interviewed for an internship at Fisheries Canada. Now, I am currently in the final weeks of my extended internship at Taiwan Forestry Research Institute. Both governmental organizations, two different countries, and deals with very different things. Funny how things played out in life.

There has been sightings of migrating Grey-streaked Flycatcher in Taipei Botanical Garden this week. So, I have been keeping an eye out for this potential lifer during my walks across the garden in the morning. Sadly, I still have not yet being able to find it yet.

Instead, I was photographing other wildlife that I came across.

Turtle

Japanese White-eye (Zosterops japonicus) - 綠繡眼
Japanese White-eye enjoying some sweets.

Grey Treepie (Dendrocitta formosae) - 樹鵲
Grey Treepie cracking loudly on top of tree.

In the office today, I was calculating the hourly differences between male and female barbets in nestling feeding and nest cleaning, as well as editing my abstract.

In the afternoon, I headed up to the roof to photograph the setting sun and orange sky.

Taipei Sky-watching
Orangy sky in Taipei.

Have a great weekend, everyone! I know I will...

2 comments:

shan-lin said...

Hey!

Thanks sooo much for your offer, it's very heartwarming :D

I don't think I'll be going to vancouver coming summer, probably going to Australia instead and then heading to Taiwan.

Uber thanks for the offer though! I'll just justify some money spending by working two weekends in a row XD

shan-lin said...

Your photography has improved a lot by the way. I especially like the night shots.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...