2009/08/14

Presentation on the last day of internship & Sky-watching Friday

Yesterday, I spent most of time correcting and editing my PowerPoint presentation to be presented today. This morning, I rehearsed in front of my supervisor and fellow research assistants and listened to their feedbacks and edited some more - just an hour before the actual presentation. Yikes.

This presentation (titled Preliminary investigation on the breeding biology of Taiwan Barbet (Megalaima nuchalis) in Taipei Botanical Garden) marks the end of my summer internship. However, I still have a scientific paper to write and hopefully I can submit it to a journal; therefore, I will be continuing working here for two more months. Still, I have been very very fortunate so far in terms of working in TBG and with such a close group of researchers, and me being from a volunteer to an intern to a summer research assistant. I am just overwhelmed and feel blessed.

After my presentation, I felt very relieved and headed back to the office and just relax. Then I saw how beautiful the setting sun was in a window's reflection so I headed to the rooftop of my work building and took photos of Taipei's setting sun.


So lovely.
.

2 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

I'm glad your presentation went off well. What a summer you've been having ... a summer I'm sure you'll remember for a long, long time. You've been taking some marvelous photos ... good thing you got that camera when you did!

PSYL said...

Thank you, Cicero Sings. Forgetting this summer will be a hard thing to do, and yes, I am loving my camera and the moments it captures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...