2009/08/19

Photos of the day & Working decisions

For the entire day, I stayed inside the office trying to research the suitable scientific journals to submit my just-started research paper to and compiling data. I came to learn all the nitty-gritties when it comes to choosing the journal(s) that you want to submit your paper(s) to, such as the impact factor (IF) of the journal, the amount of time it takes for the journal to reply your submission, the scholars in the editorial board, and so forth. I wish they taught us all this stuff in our undergraduate courses, because this seemed pretty important to me at the moment.

Anyways, I narrowed my choices to:
- The Auk
- Ibis
- Condor
- The Wilson Journal of Ornithology
- Journal of Field Ornithology
- and a few more others

And my supervisor will help me looking into the other important factors that will determine the journal(s) to hand our papers in and the writing style and format of my just-started paper.

Anyways, knowing beforehand that I will be working indoors all day today, I actually came to work a bit early today to photograph the views of the botanical garden.

Water Lily still in blossom

Busy bee and lovely lotus

P1170215
Beautiful flowers
Align Center
Common Moorhen (Gallinula chloropus) - 紅冠水雞
Common Moorhen

Common Moorhen (Gallinula chloropus) - 紅冠水雞
Common Moorhen giving me the stare
.

2 comments:

Chris said...

HI,
A nice post indeed... Welcome to the scientific world. People at first tend to believe this is an easy work. I tend to make them realize that it is not a 8 hours job but a full time one... And yes, writing an article is only half of the burden, then you have to choose carefully the journal, based on your results, your objective and the topic of the journal. Don't worry, once you have done it, you will learn quickly...
Cheers, Chris.

PSYL said...

Thank you, Chris. I will keep your advice in mind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...