2009/07/15

Typical work day

Today was more or less the same as yesterday with morning spent barbet observing and afternoon doing data entry.

The barbet nestlings are getting more courageous facing the outside world. Pretty soon, you will be able to see at least half of its body and they will be leaving the nest by then.

While barbet-watching, a few things caught my attention. One was this unknown wasp dragging a dead spider across the ground right in front of me. The spider was larger than the wasp and carrrying it was quite difficult for the insect - especially with me being a nuisance and putting the spider right in front of me to photograph it more closely.

Eventually, I allowed the wasp to carry the spider away, and last time I saw them, the wasp was dragging the spider along a branch of a shrub.

Black-crowned Night Heron (Nycticorax nycticorax) - 夜鷺

Black-crowned Night Heron (Nycticorax nycticorax) - 夜鷺

Black-crowned Night Herons are a common sight in the botanical garden, especially at the area just right behind where I am looking at the birds.

Red-bellied Tree Squirrel (Callosciurus erythraeus) - 赤腹松鼠

This Red-bellied Tree Squirrel was eating some red fruit in front of me before finishing it off and dropping it on the ground.

Sleepy Kitty in TBG

Lastly, as my shift ended, a stray female cat was napping. The number of stray cats in the botanical garden is becoming quite serious that one of the research assistants in our department offered to catch the kittens, and bring them to the vet for physical check-up and neuteration, and placing them in a stray animal adoption agency (that she's familiar with).

Thank you.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...