2009/06/03

Photographic Day

On to work today, I took a couple photos of these beautiful Water Lillies flowers in blossom. Simply beautiful.

P1120229

P1120228

While out for lunch, a Black-crowned Night Heron flew to the pond just a few feet from us. One of the my better Night Heron shots.

P1120243

We were planning on netting and banding the barbets this week or the next. However, one of the security guards at the garden found one fledgeling injuried on the ground today. We guess it was trying to learn how to fly (from its almost 20-m home!) and fell. We went to the tree where the bird was picked up and tried to see if the patient has brothers or sisters trying to take flight today. Interestingly, we did not see any younglings poking their curious heads out of the nest. Instead, we saw a loving adult pair perhaps on their way to make their second brood. Have they forgot all about their child already?

One interesting sight to see at the garden was during the nighttimes when moths would flock all over the path lights. Right underneath each light are several Black-spectacled Toad (Bufo melanostictus) trying to catch its meal. Quite a sight!

P1120259
Quite a handsome toad, no?
.

2 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

It has been a few days since I was last able to look at your blog and my but you have packed it full of wonderful sights and adventures. I'm glad you are having such a good time over there.

PSYL said...

Thank you, CS. I have to admit I have not been visiting everybody's blog that often nowadays. I am quite tired everyday that organizing my daily photos and writing a post are about the only things that I do outside of work. Sigh.

Nevertheless, I am enjoying my life very much at the moment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...