2009/04/15

Another perfect day

Well, another great day had gone by. What more can I ask for? Maybe more animals to see?

Another beautiful sky watching day.

Gadwalls (Anas strepera)
Mr. and Mrs. Gadwall (Anas strepera). Always enjoy looking at the intricate patterns on the male's body feathers.

A lone Eurasian Wigeon (Anas penelope) male surrounded by happy American Wigeon (Anas americana) couples.

Killdeer (Charadrius vociferus). Seems that it was patrolling the area beside the bush on its right. A nest, perhaps? I'll have to keep an eye out next time.

Gray Squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis)
Returning home, I saw this Gray Squirrel (missing most of its tail) scurrying up a tree and laid flat against the branch. I still saw it anyways, and it had food in its mouth the whole time.

Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis)

Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis)
Another Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis). I wouldn't be surprised if this is the same individual from yesterday.

An adult and immature Bald Eagle perched on a tree in the golf course and watched the maintance guy mowing the field.

Snow Geese (Chen caerulescens)
Along the dyke trail, Snow Geese were feeding. Then this dog-walker asked me if I want to take some take-off pictures. I don't think my answer was relavant as he and his dog was already walking toward the birds.

Snow Geese (Chen caerulescens)
Back onto the field, fellas.
.

2 comments:

Brett said...

Love the photos

PSYL said...

Thank you, Brett. Means a lot coming from a great photographer yourself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...