2009/03/08

Where was the snow?

This was what today looked like here in West Richmond. Certainly no snow here. Although it did hailed (for 10 minutes) in the afternoon (before I went out biking).

Not much was observed today. Perhaps all the animals were fooled by the forecast too and stayed home all day.

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
Certainly not this Bald Eagle though. I believe it was waiting for its mate again.

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
No. I haven't seen your mate either. Hope he/she returns soon with food.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
One of the five Great Blue Herons (Ardea herodias) I saw today. The ones I was able to get close to were extremely friendly and unafraid of me.

Despite no snowfall and sunny, it was extremely windy and cold, the skin-cutting kind of coldness. Must be that Arctic airmass the weatherperson was talking about.

Beautiful Sunset
What a gorgeous sunset!
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...