2009/02/11

Crow watching & camera learning from the porch

I wish I was outside today. I wish the weather was not this cold. I wish I know how to get to US for a biology internship without requiring all the diplomatic mess (i.e. is it possible to go to US without Form DS-2019?). [If anyone has experience or knowledge about this, please let me know. I'd greatly appreciate it.]

Yes, today was quite cold. Snowflakes were falling from the sky here and there. Since I don't want risk damaging my camera in this unpredictable weather I decided to stay home. I practiced with my new camera by taking pictures of crows and gulls from inside (with the porch window opened...brr) and learning how to use modes like A (Aperture-priority AE), S (Shutter-priority AE), and M (Manual exposure). I tried taking pictures of crows and gulls flying in the air but fast shutter speed in this low-light condition gave me almost completely dark pictures - still a long learning curve to go, I guess.
This crow got a piece of lunch.

Leading to others watching greedily (Look at those eyes).
.

2 comments:

Susannah Anderson said...

Do you use any post-production programs? I find it helps to add light, then boost the saturation just a tad (in low light, the camera misses some of the colour). I end up with a bit of noise, but sometimes an "impossible" photo becomes at least passable, at least as far as showing the subject.

PSYL said...

Yep, I do have some programs for photo editing. It's another process I'll have to learn to get great results. But for now, I'll just stick to taking good pictures first. But thank you for the suggestion though, I didn't think of that to save my pictures. Darn.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...