2009/02/24

Birds in the rain

I managed to sneak out this afternoon just before the rain had returned. After having clear blue skies for many days in a row, I am not sure I can get use to the cloudy days again.

I cut my walk short as soon as the rain returned since I didn't want to get my camera wet (but it still did). Here are some of the lifers I saw. I guess they were out enjoying the break just like me.

The pair of Bald Eagles back in their nest. The one on the right looks smaller than the one on the left. I wonder if that's the female in the nest then. Perhaps she's egg-laying? Or perhaps incubating already?

American Robin (Turdus migratorius)
Gloomy weather makes birds easier to get up close to, like this American Robin.

And this House Finch.

I saw a pair of Northern Flickers. Only this one allowed me to get underneath it to see it clearly.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias) on Sturgeon Bank
Great Blue Heron

Sky-watch photo of the day. Must be sunny on the Gulf Islands.
.

2 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Oh, the clouds are here too only bearing snow and a goodly amount of snow I might add. While I wish on the one hand it would go away already, we really do need the snow pack for our water table so this is not a complaint!

You managed to get some good pictures in your window of opportunity.

PSYL said...

Really? Your snow pack is still below average compare to previous years? I will wish for sunny skies only here in Lower Mainland then. Hehe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...