2009/02/08

Another one of those "too many people = less animals" day

Today's sunny afternoon was another one of those days when a whole bunch of people came out to the dyke to enjoy their weekend. Sadly, it is also a time where I see fewer animals than usual.

In addition to these two Great Blue Herons I saw, I also saw two Northern Harriers flying a few metres away from me (along the trail). Sadly, I was too slow in whipping out my camera and taking pictures. So it will just have to be a memory shot.

This Northern Flicker was at an usual spot beside the golf course.

Lots of Red-winged Blackbirds lately. The males seem to be starting to set up territories and singing away on Sturgeon Bank already. A bit too early, no?

Saw quite a few of these Green-winged Teals as well.

I like the shapes of today's clouds.

An aeroplane flew by as I was biking home. Another short post today, hopefully I will have some interesting and/or good news after this weekend.

1 comment:

Cicero Sings said...

The clouds ARE nice.

Interesting/good news? A possible job? Guess we'll have to wait and find out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...