2008/10/17

Truth and quick escape from work

The "business" that I was talking about last week was an internship interview with DFO. I didn't want to talked about it before because that might jinx it. But from the result received today, I guess it doesn't even matter now.

Anyways, my current job is going a bit more smoothly now. Getting into the routine of packing course materials, sending them out before deadline, mailing out confirmation letters, and so forth. But I am still not remembering any names or faces.

After lunch, I couldn't handle of being couped up in the office any longer. So I "escaped" quickly to the waterfront harbor to get some fresh air and to take some pictures.

Saw several Pelagic Cormorants (Phalacrocorax pelagicus) and one juvenile Double-crested Cormorant (Phalacrocorax auritus). At least they were a bit more unique than the common "wildlife" in Downtown.

I really like these pictures of this one dark Pelagic Cormorant against the "grainy" (gray + rainy) background, they look kind of like a hand shadow puppet or something. Too bad I couldn't get the last picture centered, it's hard carrying an umbrella and taking pictures at the same time.

Ah, the simple relaxation that nature offers...
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...